Public Speaking Paul
Public Speaking & Presentation Skills
with Paul Olteanu
In my view, public speaking is the „swimming” of social disciplines, as it exercises many abilities and asks for knowledge from several fields of expertise such as:
- nonverbal communication
- communication psychology
- theatrical techniques
- time management
- techniques of persuasion and influence
Our ability to communicate publicly, whether we are talking about speeches or presentations, is today indispensable.
Upon the fluency, power and persuasion of our words often hangs the professional and personal achievements we want.
The ultimate goal of this course is to turn participants into powerful, percutaneous and memorable communicators.
The course is designed in such a way as to maintain a balance between the four essential tools of any trainer in public discourse:
- theory applied (theoretical foundations of speech and presentations)
- case studies (watching speeches and analyzing them based on the theoretical content mentioned above)
- practice (practice of public speech: filmed speech + feedback)
- questions and answers on punctual needs of participants
Give your audience what they want, the way they want it. Everything is important and every second of attention counts.
THE IMPORTANCE OF THE PUBLIC SPEAKING
– why is it vital to communicate well in public (examples / Case studies)
NEUROSCIENCE OF PUBLIC SPEAKING
- Genesis and neuroscience of fear of public communication
- Sensitive emotional buttons
- Techniques and methods of channeling emotions
TYPES OF DISCUSSION / PRESENTATION
– that informs, that convinces, that touches people emotionally, that amuses, that urges action, that provides food for thought
PREPARING THE SPEECH – WHAT WILL I SPEAK
– Planning, Writing, Review
CALIBRATION TO THE PUBLIC – WHO WILL I SPEAK TO
- Analysis and evaluation of the audience
- Capturing and maintaining attention
- Create the optimal frame for interaction
- Solving difficult situations (with detractors)
DELIVERY – HOW DO I SPEAK
- The relationship between the speaker and the presentation space
- Nonverbal and paraverbal communication (gesture / mimic / intonation)
- Posture / Body Language
MESSAGE AND SPEECH STRUCTURES
- Introductions that capture the attention
- Memorable endings
- „The Golden Circle” – how should you answer the questions „what”, „how” and „why”
- Memorable Messages – (Simplicity, Surprise, Concrete, Credibility, Emotion, Story)
- Contagious Messages – (Social Value, Triggers, Emotion, Advertising, Practical Value, Story)
KARISMA AND THE PUBLIC PRESENCE
- Presence – I’m listening to you because you’re here for me
- Power – I believe you because you have arguments
- Warmth – I follow you because I feel you care about me
COMMUNICATION PSYCHOLOGY ELEMENTS
- Mental maps – how we represent reality
- Perceptual systems – how people perceive the world and what arguments they react to
- Mental positioning in communication – the relationship between the speaker and the audience
- Speeches and business presentations
- Political speeches
- Conversation speeches / events
- Local and international presentations
TIPS AND TRICKS IN PUBLIC SPEAKING
- 3 features of successful speakers and presenters
- 5 styles of impact in making slides
- Transactional Analysis
- Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Process Communication Model
The course is suitable for anyone who wants to improve their public speaking skills or understand elements of communication psychology, regardless of the professional area they come from.
Paul Olteanu has been working since 2007 as a trainer and consultant specialized in communication, behavioral psychology and transformation processes.
Over the past 9 years, Paul has developed programs that accumulate over 7,500 hours of training, coaching and consulting on topics such as self-knowledge, communication psychology, public speaking, business psychology, personal branding, and group dynamics to public Europe, America and Asia.
Starting in 2014, Paul is one of the top 5 European-certified consultants in the Story-based Transformation Process 1 - a systematic methodology based on brain neuroplasticity and integrates daily short story stories in order to generate personal transformations and organizational rapidities.
From 2013, Paul is a partner in Process Communication Romania and a trainer and coach certified in Process Communication Model ® - an award-winning personality theory used by NASA in team selection and training and discursive preparation of US Presidents.
Since being certified, Paul has been the most active PCM trainer and coach in Romania, working with over 800 professionals (managers in national and multinational companies, entrepreneurs, trainers, coaches and consultants) either in personalized programs or in open courses by partners from EXEC-EDU).
Previously, he served as Communications Director of the Romanian-American University, Head of Strategy & New Business at Headvertising and Sponsorship & Marketing Manager for a MaiMultVerde Association.
In parallel with training and consultancy, Paul has been involved in a number of educational or environmental projects and has collaborated with organizations such as Amgen, AVON, BCR - Erste, BRD, CBRE, CEZ, Garmin, Gothaer, Graffiti BBDO, Heineken, Oracle, OTP Bank, Raiffeisen Bank, Vodafone, Wrigley.
I want to know more
For further details, please use this form. We will take care to answer in the shortest time possible.